English Proficiency Requirements and the Exam
English Proficiency Requirements and the English Proficiency Exam
The language of education at our institution is 100% English. Accepted candidates that do not satisfy the exemption conditions below and that are also unsuccessful at the İYTE School of Foreign Languages English Proficiency Exam may register to the İYTE English Prepatory Program (Except those accepted to the Master’s Degree Program in Engineering Management without thesis). In this case they are subject to the İYTE School of Foreign Languages Department of Basic English Preparatory Class Regulations.
1) Having graduated in the last three academic years, from a department in which the medium of instruction is 100% English,
2) Having completed at least 3 years of their secondary education in a country where English is spoken as a native language and in an institution attended by the citizens of that country.
3) Getting a certain grade within the last 2 years in one of the international English language exams which are designed to evaluate the students’ minimum level of English required to get higher education in countries which have English as their native language. According to what has been determined by the Senate of the Institute, minimum scores required from these exams are as follows: TOEFL: 84 (IBT)
4) Getting a certain grade within the last 5 years in one of the foreign language exams such as YDS, e-YDS, and YÖKDİL, which are administered by ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Center). According to what has been determined by the Senate of the Institute, minimum scores required from these exams are as follows: YDS (70) or e-YDS (70) or YÖKDİL (70).
5) Being successful in the English Proficiency Exam given by the IZTECH School of Foreign Languages (if they apply for the graduate programs within 3 years as of the date the exam was administered).